Things my grandma can do


Last night I sat on a friends couch and attempted embroidery. I've seen a fair bit of embroidery in my time and didn't imagine it could be too difficult. As it turns out, I may have overestimated my craft skills, much like the time I stuck my hand to the bench with a gluegun. Embroidery is hard. This revelation got me thinking about that much loved topic - things my nanna can do that I can't. The list as it currently stands is:

  • Embroidery
  • Sewing
  • Write thankyou notes in a timely fashion
  • Bake
  • Cook well in general
  • Throw dinner parties (see above)
  • Play cards
  • Make beds with hospital corners
  • Make small children love her
  • Chastise above children and still remain loved
  • Magically fix any illness with jelly
  • Coordinate her shoes with her outfit
  • Make a bonza cup of tea
  • Know the right action for any situation
  • Remember the names of all her grandchildren and great grandchildren
  • Make my pathetic attempts at any of the above seem succesful
But then, she's had a lot more practise than me...

No comments:

Post a Comment