Places I wish I was...

I dunno about you, but when I'm having a less than awesome time I like to sit and think about places I'd rather be. Here are a few of my favourites:
On the boat with my folks
I used to hate being on the boat. I think it was something to do with the cold, salty air (the boat is in Tassie), the uncomfortable seats and that you cant get off and go to the shop until the person steering says so. In the last year or so I seem to have changed my view, I can happily sit quietly on the deck (on a cushion Dad brings specially for me), eat my pre-packed snacks and listen to my parents chat...sometimes I even fish (until the point where the fish comes out of the water, then I run screaming to the other end of the boat).

Dad and I cruising
Laying in the sun
I always wish I was laying in the sun...I don't care where, as long as there's sun (not too much though, then I get grumpy).
Right amount of sun

Too much sun

At a BBQ baby!
I guess this is kind of a variation of laying in the sun, 'cos BBQs are no good without that. But I don't think I can remember a bad BBQ...I'm sure I've been to some, I just don't remember them.
I BBQ like a star...in that I make someone else do it.
Picnicing
Kind of the same as the last two, but with a blanket.
At the races
I love the races, so I spend a lot of time wishing I was there instead. This train of thought gives me great mileage - what will I wear? How will I accessories? How will I get better tickets? Which canapes will I serve in my carpark? I generally start thinking about being at the races in January, so it's a pretty safe bet if I'm thinking about being somewhere else, it's probably at the races.
At the polo
It's pretty much the same as the races, but without a fascinator.
On holidays
Anywhere will do, but two of my favourites are back home in Tassie and to Coolangatta, which is reportedly a 'crime hotspot'...I just like it 'cos it has nice quiet beaches, the Twin Towns RSL for cheapo dinners and because I usually go there with my folks.
Coolangatta - I don't see any crime, do you?
At a gig
But I'm quite specific about this one.
A. I must like the band
B. the venue must not be too full
C. or loud
D. or smelly
E. There should be easily accessible, yummy food
Me at Homebake, demonstrating an appropriate level of 'crowdedness' and easily accesible food.

No comments:

Post a Comment