WWLFD?



On Friday night I was faced with a terrible dilemma, due to rather ungracefully descending the stairs at my local, The Local, I was left with a slightly damaged shoe. By slightly damaged, I mean the stiletto heel had snapped off at a right angle (see picture).


After a moments panic (I was two blocks from home and it was raining and if I took my shoes off my stockings would get wet...and I would be a bogan), I took a deep breath and thought 'What would Lillian Frank do?' Thankfully it only took a moment to bring to mind one of Lillian's gems of wisdom which is repeated at the beginning of each Spring Carnival - 'It is better to be carried home, than to carry your shoes home'...unfortunately, after looking around I noticed a distinct lack of gentlemen offering to carry me home. Back to the WWLFD drawing board....

The only thing left to do was take a deep breath, stand up straight, stick my nose in the air and walk along on the broken heel pretending there was nothing wrong. It turns out pilates has made me quite good at walking on tippy-toes, I think Lillian would have been proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment