Moving house can be done without leaving your couch...



...at least until they pack it onto the truck.

It's a week and a half until my move and I'm amazed at how little I've actually had to do. The usual flurry of shopping trips, hunting down boxes, visiting homewares stores and all of the other crazy errands that have to be done to move house have all been replaced with nice simple online alternatives.

My application was made and approved online, my power, gas and electricity has all been connected online, my removalists booked, my packing materials delivered, my new outdoor furniture purchased and it's delivery arranged online, my new appliances purchased online and delivered to my door, even my first grocery shop (and pre-chilled wine) was ordered online and will appear in my new house hours after I do.

If I was lazy enough, I would have just paid for other people to pack my stuff into boxes, but I reckon that's taking it a bit far.

No comments:

Post a Comment