I am really scared of flimsy stairs...and exercise


I'm not scared of many things, but stairs I can see through absolutely terrify me. This can be a problem in Hobart where most of the retail stores have horrible old school scary stairs that you can see through.
I have been known to avoid leaving the ground floor of Myer (which is a problem because all of the good things are on level 2 and 3) just so I don't have to face my horrific phobia of see through stairs.



So when I was faced with the above monstrosity (it's a little hard to see, but it is scary scaffolding stairs across an enormous drop which could swallow me whole) on my way to the gym last night I found myself totally unable to set foot on them. A stranger stopped and asked if I was OK and all I could do was stand there quivering and mumble "scary stairs cant get on". I was terrified, really feet stuck to the ground terrified. All of the wine in the Yarra Valley couldn't have persuaded me to get on those stairs, and there was no other way around, so the only option was to go in the other direction, to the pub.

I thought I'd drop in to a friend's bar, have a wine to help me recover from the trauma and head home to work on the weekend's hat....as if! A few mates ended up arriving, then the next thing I knew it was closing time at Shanghai Village and I was clutching a shopping bag full of frozen dumplings to my chest... I love Melbourne!

No comments:

Post a Comment